The Engineering intern – Chassis Component Testing is responsible for providing technical and administrative support for test engineering initiatives and assisting staff with ad-hoc projects
* Responsible for ensuring quality through product testing
* Schedule and Oversee Prototype testing
* Track supplier durability tests
* Perform warranty and field return analysis
* Create precise technical reports processing the achieved test results
* Perform other basic laboratory/office duties as required
* Provide basic engineering calculation and analysis support.
* Ensure departmental compliance with all TS16949 policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Currently pursuing a degree in Engineering or related field (Mechanical, Material or Industrial Engineering preferred).
* Available to work full time for 5-6 months (Beginning in September 2017)
* Familiar with a CAD package (e.g. AutoCad, Catia) for basic fixture design
* Advanced reading, mathematical, written and verbal communication skills
* Computer literacy in basic PC based office software including spreadsheets
* Well-developed technical understanding
* Ability to read technical drawings and blueprints
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Have working knowledge of basic mechanical theory and application
* Have working knowledge of basic mechanical tools
* Ability to work well in a team environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Spanish and or German language skills
* Experience in automotive industry