The Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Chicago is seeking a Communications Assistant in the Cultural and Press Department
This position will begin on September 1, 2017 and is limited to 20 hours per week. The contract will be for one year initially.
* Drafting and writing correspondences and texts in English
* Updating the consulate’s website and maintaining its Facebook account
* Answering both written and telephone inquiries
* Helping with the organization of events
* Researching, creating and/or editing information lists, tables, etc.
* Updating and maintaining contact database
* General secretarial duties
* Assisting with visitors
* English as native language and excellent knowledge of German
* Computer skills (Word, Excel, OpenOffice, Internet, etc)
* Strong writing skills and enjoyment in drafting and writing texts
* Dedication and teamwork
* Loyalty and discretion
Contract terms and compensation are based upon the standard employment contract and the corresponding payment scale for local workers (non diplomats) at German missions in the United States.
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens must already possess a valid green card.
Please submit the following documents by July 26:
* Resume and cover letter (preferably in German)
* Proof of education/training
* Proof of previous employment
* References and/or letter of recommendation
* Copy of passport or green card
Send application materials to:
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
Attn.: Head of Administration
676 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 3200
Chicago, IL 60611