The German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern U.S., Inc. (GACC South) is a private, non-profit organization, which serves as the official representative of German industry and trade in the southeastern United States. Our main mission is to promote and support bilateral trade between Germany and the U.S.
The GACC South is seeking a highly motivated, full-time intern to gain hands-on experience using her/his business education in real-world applications. As an intern, you will participate in teamwork, direct client communications and day-to-day operations of the office.
* Supporting mid-sized German companies with their U.S. market entry
* Working closely with the management of our German business clients
* Conducting industry specific market research, both for ongoing projects and inquiries
* Performing cold-calling associated with business partner searches
* Organizing trade shows & business trips including onsite support for German companies
* Contributing directly to the development and expansion of the market position of the Market Entry team
* Bachelor’s (or equivalent) or higher degree in business, economics or related field
* Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
* Understanding of prioritization and efficient allocation of time and resources
* Excellent communication and customer-service skills
* High comfort level interacting with clients
* Ability to work effectively in a team-based and international environment
* Strong analytical and organizational skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft applications
* Working knowledge of German language
* International experience (studies abroad, travel, etc.)
* Entrepreneurial spirit
Number of Available Internships: 2
Start dates: March or September 2018 (Duration of internship: 12 months only)
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Compensation: Hourly wage, 40 hours per week
Own expenses for intern: Health insurance, housing, travel expenses, J1-Visa fee (if applicable)
How to apply: Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will only be considered with cover letter, resume and two letters of recommendation (German or English) attached.
Please specify the internship title “U.S. Market Entry Services Internship Atlanta 2018” in the subject line.